This course leads to a Certificate of Competence in Emergency First Aid for Babies and Children. It is a useful course for parents, carers, baby sitters, community volunteers working with children and those working with children who are the key first aiders.
The course covers:
- Assessment and management of an unconscious child or baby
- Basic life support including techniques for children and babies
- Management of choking
- Management of wounds and bleeding
- Recognition and treatment of shock
- Dealing with asthma, epileptic seizures, head injuries and allergic reactions
- An opportunity to discuss other relevant first aid
Successful students will receive a Certificate of Competence in First Aid for children and babies through ongoing assessment by the tutor.
An opportunity for learners to gain first aid knowledge and skills that are particularly relevant to young children and babies.
|Day||Start Time||Finish Time||Length (Weeks)||Start Date||Finish Date||Holiday Dates||Level||Price|
*Concessions are not available for this course
What Do I Need To Bring With Me?
Pen and paper. It is advisable to wear trousers.
The Wordsley School
Please inform Learning4Life at the time of booking if you have any special needs or requirements.
If Learning4Life are unable to recruit the minimum number required for this class, we reserve the right to cancel. Full refunds will be offered in these circumstances.