COURSE AIMS: Learn how to use your sewing machine correctly and open up your sewing experience. Give you confidence to go onto making an item whatever your interest is.
- Learning to use your sewing machine correctly will give you confidence to stitch garment/soft furnishing/patchwork projects.
- How to use your different attachments – zip foot, overlock foot, blind edge foot, piping foot and free machining.
- This course will allow you to make simple projects for fashion, soft furnishing and patchwork and stitched textiles.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- Beginners – new to learners who have a sewing machine – many learners don’t use the sewing machine correctly.
- Improvers – know how to use the sewing machine but would like some help with the attachments and cleaning your sewing machine.
|DAY||START TIME||FINISH TIME||NO OF WEEKS||LEVEL||START DATE||FINISH DATE||HOLIDAY DATE||FULL PRICE*|
*There are concessions avaialble. Telephone for more details.
DO I NEED ANYTHING FOR THE FIRST CLASS? Your sewing machine if you have one. Proof of PAT testing will be required. Notepad and pencil. Pair of small sharp scissors, Gutterman polyester machine thread, small amount of fabric for samples, sewing needles size 89/90, camera or mobile phone for taking photographs. 20cm zip and 20cm concealed zip.
If the learner does not have a sewing machine;there are sewing machines available to learn on. The tutor will give advice on what machines to purchase.
Please inform Learning4Life at the time of booking if you have any special needs or requirements
VENUE: The Wordsley School 01384 816043
If Learning4Life are unable to recruit the minimum number required for this class, we reserve the right to cancel. Full refunds will be offered in these circumstances.