COURSE AIM: To gain a basic awareness of book-keeping principles.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: The main objectives of the course are:
1. Introduction to book-keeping – appreciate the relevance and importance of book-keeping
2. Introduction to the Sales ledger and Purchase ledger – gain basic knowledge in recording sales and purchases, including credit control and analysing expenses.
3. Introduction to double-entry book-keeping, the Cash Book and Petty Cash Account – gain a basic knowledge of double-entry book-keeping, maintaining the Cash book and maintaining petty cash systems.
4. Introduction to bank and cash reconciliations – identify the importance and procedures for reconciling and balancing bank and cash accounts.
5. Introduction to budgets and cashflow – gain basic knowledge of drawing up budgets and cashflow charts for small businesses.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS? This course is suitable for anyone wishing to start a business of their own, to work within an accounting environment or to progress to a full book-keeping course. Most people use computerised accounting systems nowadays. However, this course outlines the principles of book-keeping in order that students appreciate the different aspects of book-keeping within these systems.
|DAY||START TIME||FINISH TIME||NO OF WEEKS||LEVEL||START DATE||FINISH DATE||HOLIDAY DATE||FULL PRICE|
*There are concessions available. Telephone for details
DO I NEED ANYTHING FOR THE FIRST CLASS? Students will require their own folder for notes and a USB stick.
PROGRESSION: This course is suitable for those who wish to progress to study the basic priniciples of accounting or computerised book-keeping.
VENUE: Learning4Life at The Wordsley School. 01384 816043
Please inform Learning4Life at the time of booking if you have any special needs or requirements.
If Learning4Life are unable to recruit the minimum number required for this class, we reserve the right to cancel. Full refunds will be offered in these circumstances.